Antarctica: The First Dance
Created by Corey Baker and launched on Earth Day 2018 Antarctica: The First Dance is a dance film performed by Madeleine Graham, star of the Royal New Zealand Ballet, on the stunning yet demanding ice planes of Antarctic. This film celebrates Antarctica while we still have it and draws attention to the current crisis this awe-inspiring continent is facing from climate change.
- Choreographer / Director: Corey Baker
- Producer: Anne Beresford
- Dancer: Madeleine Graham, Royal New Zealand Ballet
- Director of Photography: Jacob Bryant
- Editor: Sam Sneade
- Production company: Antarctica Film Ltd
Commissioned by Random Acts for Channel 4, and The Space, a digital development agency supported by the BBC and Arts Council, England With support of, Corey Baker Dance, Antarctica New Zealand, Royal New Zealand Ballet, ChristchurchNZ, Dance Hub Birmingham, New Zealand High Commission, Earth Sea Sky.
- 19th July 2018: Bradford Science Festival
- 19th July 2018: Adelaide Festival
- 31st July 2018: Broadcast on Random Acts, Channel 4
- 14-30th August 2018: Science Museum, London
- 14-16th September 2018: Hong Kong
- 12th October 2018: San Francisco Dance Film Festival
- 7-11th November 2018: Aesthetica Film Festival, York